New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Incurable small bowel cancer

Banger
Posted by

Hi everyone I am new on here and feeling a bit downhearted here is my story, last year in April was diagnosed with large bowel cancer ,I had a right hemicolectomy and resection to remove the tumour with lymph nodes in June it was a dukes C cancer , due to this I then had 4 sessions of chemo which finished in October ,in December I started to feel ill again with sickness and griping pains low to the groin (my tumour markers were also on the rise ),  Beginning of January  this year I was taken to hospital and found to have a blocked small bowel which required further open surgery , unfortunately during this surgery and Bypass of the affected bowel section my Surgeon discovered many small nodule tumours affecting the small bowel he broke the news afterwards to myself and my family also saying that they were inoperable. I asked the prognosis he replied maybe two years  ,this was a blow as I thought it would just be scarring from the previous op that was causing the blockage, obviously we are all devastated with this news ,Tomorrow I will see my oncologist but I am not sure what to expect, has any friends out there had a similar prognosis and have any further info or advice     

rily
Posted by

Hi Banger and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear your news. We have a very friendly and supportive group here you may like to join, Living with incurable cancer . There you will find others with a similar  diagnosis and you will be able to share with people who understand. Click the link to join get to the group. Wishing you well.

Best wishes to All,

rily.

What is a Community Champion ?

Ronny.a
Posted by

Sorry to hear Banger.  The bit about small intestine caught my eye.  On the offchance ....   did they biopsy the small intestinal tumour tissue?  Has anyone mentioned Neuroendocrine Tumour or Carcinoid ?

Banger
Posted by

Hi Ronny , I have not been told anything really yet, But tomorrow I will see the oncologist ,hopefully I will get more answers then . 

Ronny.a
Posted by

OK thanks.  Good luck with the appointment