New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Do you have sweats and chills with your bowel cancer

Lama
Posted by

Hello all I am new to this forum .. just wondering if any of you have sweats and chills with your bowel cancer and if so are they day and night or just in the day and do they have a pattern of how often they happen 

mistymoley
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the community.

I am afraid I can't answer your question, but if you copy and paste it into a new post on the bowel cancer group, I'm sure you will get more responses. 

Helen

I am not medically qualified, please consult your doctor or undertake your own research.

Findom
Posted by

Hi lama, I just came across your query. I had anal/rectal cancer and I had daily high temperatures, shaking and night sweats, in fact they were my main symptom and they made me feel very unwell.

I was admitted to hospital as my fevers were very high and towards the end they were almost constant, day and night. They stopped 2 weeks after treatment had started.

I was told they were caused by the tumour leaking toxins into my system.

Onwards and upwards!

Lama
Posted by

Oh dear that sounds awful I am glad they stopped when treatment started .. I have hot sweats every 30 mins then cold chill I just get warm and another hot sweat starts .. now last few days bloating and pain on eating has began it’s a sorry I used to be able to eat a large amount and not feel like I do now .. a bowl of soup and 2 slices of bread is more than enough xx

Findom
Posted by

Sorry you are having to go through that too. I was given paracetamol which brought the temperature down for a few hours, I had intravenous in hospital and the fizzy ones at home. I hope your doctors are aware and helping you with the temperature spikes, it is very scary especially if you start shaking. Hopefully the treatment will get rid of them. Good luck.

Onwards and upwards!

Lama
Posted by

Thank you .. no I am not having any help for them as I’ve not had diagnosis as there’s been 18 week delay since my recital bleed I had a sigmoidoscopy in left bowel that showed two polyps the ones that can turn into cancer .. I then started these hot sweats and chilles a few days after suddenly one day .. nothing the day before they started not one ,, then every 30 mins night and day without stopping no let up .. since beginning of December ... I’ve now got many more bowel cancer sy,proms and had tests for thyroid I am post menspause .. and I have many many symptoms only colonoscopy will tell but I have to come of blood thinners and am high risk for even the colonoscopy so fear cancer more as I can’t have surgery without massive risk to life ... xxx