New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

mother In laws stage 4 advanced lymphoma

Curlysue1974
Posted by

My mother in law was called in to hospital 4 weeks ago after a bad blood test result.  Then she was given all tests possible including a bone marrow test.  After 2 days she went home but in the 4 weeks the weight has dropped off her, bless her she has no appetite eating 2 tubs of yoghurt (50 gram) tubs a day maybe a tiny piece of stew.  Last thursday they gave her intravenous antibiotics for an infection, then platelets apparently they were down to 11 the following day she had blood.  The day after she was really chatty I saw her Sunday and she even laughed a bit. Last Monday she saw the consultant who gave her the advanced diagnosis but they are not sure what type as it is a rarer variety. Monday she also had a biopsy and more platelets as back down to 16.  Since Monday she has been getting worst again, crawling to the loo and has had help getting to bed.  Bless her she cannot wash herself either.  Today she is back at hospital for more platelets and blood transfusion, a ct scan of head with contrast also today.  My sister In law saw another lump in front of her ear and on her chin.  It is in her bone marrow and she has an enlarged spleen as well.  Really scared about how quick this is all happeningxx

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear your mother-in-law has lymphoma but you've come to the right place for help and support. I don't know which type of lymphoma she has but we have groups for Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma which you might like to join. Once you have joined you can then start a discussion by clicking on +Start a discussion which appears near the top of the page. Both groups have members who can answer any questions you might have. You may also find this page on lymphoma gives you some further information.

You might like to join the family and friends group as you can share your feelings and get support from others who have a family member living with cancer. Again you may find this useful on helping someone who has cancer.

Sending all your family a big ((hug))