New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Financial concerns

mother2Two
Posted by

Hi, I’ve recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I’m currently on long term sickness from work and receiving my wage, although about £350 less each month. I live alone and now worried about paying my mortgage etc. i will be travelling for my treatment which is an added worry. Is there any financial help I can get either though I do have an income? 

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the Online Community. Cancer does bring financial issues but a good place to start would be to contacting the Macmillan help line on 0808 808 00 00 Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm and talk to the finance support section as they will be able to direct you.

We also have some great support forums so if you think this would help have a look through the Cancer Types in the Grouos section and find the groups you think may help.

All the best on your journey.

mother2Two
Posted by

Thank you