New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

New member. Lots of questions..!

Tali1
Posted by

I'm 4 weeks post op with a stoma and a bit confused about diet. The colorectal nurse has advised me to stay away from vegetables to reduce my output and thicken it up but I feel need to eat healthily and something other than mashed potatoes as my veg of choice! Suggestions?

I have been told by phone that nothing found in lymph nodes but advised chemo for ensuring no cancer in blood vessels. Anyone here with similar experience? My first appointment with the oncologist is next week.

Still feeling a bit fragile and weepy but nice to be in good company.

rily
Posted by

Hello Tali1 and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down at the moment, but hopefully you will get help and support here from others who understand. Could I suggest you join and post your questions in the Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support group . There you can share and get advice from others with experience of this. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.