New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Ovarian cancer and the ureter

Chezz1
Posted by

does anyone know what it means or how bad it is or how not so bad it is if your cancer spreads to your ureter? Has anyone else experienced this?

rily
Posted by

Hello Chezz1 and welcome to the community. I have read your blog and understand your concerns. The early days of uncertainty and not knowing can be the worst. Could I suggest you post your questions in the Ovarian Group . There you will find a bunch of friendly ladies with experience of this and should be able to help and support you. Best wishes. 

Arla
Posted by

Hi Chez,

Welcome to the community although I am sorry that you have had to join. I don't have experience of ovarian cancer but you will find other people with similar circumstances in the Ovarian Cancer Group, you might also find it helpful to read the About Ovarian Cancer booklet that Macmillan have published, it explains about spread and different stages. Although the booklet might be overwhelming, I didn't read mine until a few weeks after diagnosis but you should hopefully know if you are ready to read it. 

There is also Target ovarian cancer and Ovarian cancer action which provide information.

The Macmillan line is open from 9am Monday if you need someone to talk to or practical advice, you can also Ask an expert  on the site and The eve appeal also has a gynaecology nurse to speak to.

I had womb cancer treated by hysterectomy and removal of my ovaries, etc and know how overwhelming an initial diagnosis can be, you are not alone and will find lots of people who understand what you are going through on the site. Please feel free to ask me any questions or share any worries, lots of love and let me know how you get on.

Xx