New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

EmJay 77
Posted by

Hi all

My dad was diagnosed with NHL at the top of his spine 8 weeks ago. He was admitted to The Christie hospital on the 28th Dec, since then his health has declined to the point where he is unable to move his arms, stand or even toilet himself.

His chemo started last week. He fell off the bed yesterday resulting in a broken nose and split lip.

Things can only get better... right ?? 

ronstar
Posted by

Hi EmJay 77

Welcome to the online community. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad - it can't be easy for you to watch what he is going through, especially in such a short timespan.

We have a very friendly and supportive Family and Friends group that you might like to join to be able to share how you feel with others who understand. 

If you wanted some support regarding your Dad's treatment then we do have an NHL group, you will receive a warm welcome there if you want to connect with people who are having treatment or have been through treatment similar to your Dad.

It is very difficult to be close to someone having cancer treatment and I hope you are also taking care of yourself - physically and emotionally.

If you ever need to talk to someone, you are welcome to phone the helpline - 0808 808 00 00 (Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm) There is always someone there with a friendly ear and support.

Hopefully,as the chemo goes to work, you will see improvement in your Dad.

sending positive wishes to you both

R