New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

My mum has just been diagnosed with stage 4 Lung cancer

vickyt3
Posted by

Good evening or should I say good morning ... 

My mum was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer which has spread to her pelvis/hip and has made her completely bedbound, she has had 10 session of radiotherapy on the hip area as part of her pain management and I am lost ... they have given her months not years and she has been placed in a community hospital and they have seemed to have forgotten about her and I honestly don’t know where to start or what I should be doing .... 

If anyone has any advice at all I would be most grateful 

Thank you Vicky 

rily
Posted by

Good Morning Vicky and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear of your Mum's condition and the reason you find yourself here. We have a very supportive group you may find it helpful to join, Supporting someone with incurable cancer . There you will find others in similar situations to yourself and will be able to offer help, advice and support. I would also recommend you call the free helpline on 0808 808 0000 (Mon-Fri 9-8pm). They have friendly experts on hand who will be able to tell you what help your Mum may be entitled to, practical and financial. Best wishes.

ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Hi and welcome.

Just a quick note to say you must be overwhelmed ...but you have made a good start in coming to the site.

Lovely people here day and night to offer support, advice, listen to a rant, offer a hug etc

Don't be hard on yourself...and try and remember to look after yourself too. 

If you feel you have to remain strong around your mother....cone here to fall apart...we are good at putting folk back together enough to get through another day, another night.

Take care