New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Recently lost my mum

C4z
Posted by

I'm new to this so any suggestions are welcome. I'm 31 and I lost my mum who was 68 to cancer a few weeks ago. She was only diagnosed about 5 weeks before she died so although we had warning it all happened far more quickly than we expected. I've never lost someone close to me before and I think I'm still in shock. I adored my mum, we spoke several times a week and have always been good friends. I'm not sure what I expected grief to feel like but I'm shocked at how much it hurts. I'm usually a happy, positive person but I feel like I'll never be carefree or completely myself again. Even when I feel almost 'normal' I still feel highly strung and have a tight knot of anxiety and sadness.  I guess I'm here to hopefully hear from anyone who's been through this who can offer advice.

rily
Posted by

Hello C4z and welcome to the community. Really sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum. I know how hard it is to lose a parent and know how herartbreaking it can be. We have a wonderful supportive group here which you may find helpful to join, Bereaved Family and Friends . There you can share and get help and support from others who have lost loved ones. Best wishes.