New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Travel Insurance

c1234
Posted by

This is my first time using this site.  I have a question about Travel Insurance.  In some previous blogs Euro Tunnel travel insurance came in highly recommended.  If anyone out there used them and had to make a claim (for instance having to seek treatment while on holiday) what was the outcome and what was the claim experience like?

Thank you

chris48
Posted by

I haven't any experience of Eurotunnel but I can give you some information about Insurancewith and Explorer.   I had been with Explorer for a couple of years with a yearly European and a single trip USA.   I wanted to go to Malta for two weeks beginning of last December and my yearly insurance expired middle of November.   I got a yearly quote from both of them around the £360 mark.    But as a single trip Explorer offered £95 and Insurancewith £75 and so, because Insurancewith has always come highly recommended I accepted their quote.  

The quotes include for my wife and myself.  I don't know whether you are looking for single trip or yearly but when I looked at the figures I came to the conclusion that if we were going to Europe no more than 4 times in a year it was better to go for the single trip. 

As for making a claim I've been fortunate because I've never had to claim on travel insurance.