New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Just frightened

Honeybree
Posted by

Hi, I’m new here and just don’t know where to start.

Firstly I’m waiting for my appointment for a scan and biopsy.

I’m 36, single mum to 2 kids with additional needs and a carer for my parents.

Only yesterday i found a lump on my breast, about the size of a £2 coin. It’s just above my nipple. It’s hard and roundish. No pain, have no idea how long it’s been there. 

I went to my gp, he said he doesn’t like the feel of it so has referred me. My mum has lymphoma.

12 months ago I went to my gp with pain in the top of my breast just on the side near the top of my arm pit. No lumps or bumps were found although I swear I could feel something. I still have this pain 12 months on. It’s a sharp pain that’s always there. Ive a sharp pain in the top of my back too. 

I’ve changed my bras, been measured properly etc but it’s never gone. 

The skin above my lump is smooth, but slightly red. No leaking or change in nipple.

I’m so scared, I’m not asking for medical advice but has anyone experienced anything like this. I’m desperately trying not to be paranoid. I don’t have much of a support group and have the children who depend totally on me.

Now discovering that no matter what happens I’m not invincible 

Any input please 

rily
Posted by

Hi Honeybree and welcome to the community at this worrying time for you. Many of us here will know the anxiety that the early days of not knowing and uncertainty can cause. Could I point you to the friendly and active Breast Group where the members have a lot of experience in this and will only be too happy to answer any of your concerns. Click the link to get to the group and post your questions there. It may be an idea to copy and paste your above post in the group. I hope all goes well for you. Best wishes.