New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

dobros10

brother
Posted by

This is a message for highlander and johnr. I am Bills sister and it is with a very heavy heart that i have to tell you Bill lost the battle on Saturday 10th March. He really wanted to kick this into touch, but the chemo proved too much, at one point they thought it had caused a tia, so the consultant stopped it, that was about 6 wks ago, i think they were going to try something else but he was so poorly with things that kept cropping up i don't think he could have put up with it. He told me about the support he received from you both and other people on this site and i would just like to say a huge thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Janet

Kalliope
Posted by

Dear Janet 

I am so sorry to hear about your brother, I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. We really appreciate you letting us know the news, it can't have been easy for you. I am tagging  and  so that they find this message more easily. I know how much it will mean to them to know that their support was valuable to Bill. We all hope that we can do some good in life and this is evidence that their efforts were a success, that they made a positive difference.

If you ever need any support, this forum is here for you too.

I hope that the pain of your loss eases with time, and that you can remember Bill as he lived, rather than how he died.

Much love at this sad time

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi Janet  my heart is broken. Bill was a lovely man and we had many a conversation about some rather random things including guitars. The online community brings together so many folks who under normal circumstances would have nothing in common but we had a mutual respect for the survivors spirit.

Please accept my sincere and the Online Communities condolences and please pass on my love and prayers to all Bills family. I also wish you strength for the days and weeks to come.

Bill is yet another wonderful person who will be missed from our online family.

Highlander ((hugs))

Tag

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi again Janet , I took some time to reflect back on some of the threads Bill helped out on and some of our Private Messages.

I was again struck by his sincerity and honesty. He always talked of kicking cancer in the butt and we also talked about the need to have a survivors mentality to live let alone conquer the battle.

We often talked about sitting having a glass of Single Malt and our very last PM was back at Christmas and we reflected back on the journey of 2017 and were encouraging each other to push into and through 2018.

I will raise a glass for Bill tonight.

As has been said by  we have some very supportive forums if you or the family do need the support.

Highlander ((hugs)) xx

Thehighlander
Posted by

Janet  I have informed the folks on the forums that Bill was active on and if you hit the Links you will see any replies that come in.

Non Hodgkin’s Lumphoma Forum

Mantle Cell Lymphoma Forum

Stomach Cancer Forum

Highlander ((hugs))

brother
Posted by

Thank you xxx