New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

I just want to talk I guess (type).

myusername
Posted by

Hello, I am not much on social media, struggling a bit to figure this out. 

So I am 58 years old and my wife is turning 51. She was diagnosed with inoperable stage 4 colon cancer a few months ago. This week will be her 5th chemo treatment. I have been doing my best to not fall apart. But it very hard to always stay positive. I guess I just wanted to talk about it and this seamed like a good place. Our daughter is having a hard time and started going to counseling. I thought about it but I am not sure what anyone can say to change things. She has another ct scan next week to see if it is helping. I am not a very emotional person but this is very difficult. Been a lot of sleepless nights up with her crying because she don’t want to die. The doctor is sure this will help shrink the tumors (she over 40 of them) and that she could live a year or two taking chemo the whole time. So thanks for listening I feel a little better. 

Carolyn28
Posted by

hi  

welcome to the online community, i'm terribly sorry to hear about your wife, I'm 55 but was diagnosed at 52, after a missed screening at 48.

I don't want to die either and am now reviewing my feelings about the dignity or indignity of clinging on to life or the dignity of dying gracefully ... I'm all for fighting tooth and nail and clawing at every chance to stay alive. I don't give a crap about dignity of bowing out gracefully, I'm going to kick and scream. 

We have a few people who have been given the incurable diagnosis and a few months to live but are still here years later, it may seem like a fairy tale but it does actually happen. 

in fact I have a feeling that someone maybe typing at the same time I am ...

40 tumours is a heck of a lot, are they all just a few millimetres each ??   someone likened hers to buck shot or a scatter gun.

A problem shared is a problem halved. 

Have you had a look around the site, do you know how to access the specific bowel group ?

Carolyn

xxx

rily
Posted by

Hello myusername and welcome to the community at this difficult time for you and your family. I am sorry to hear of your wife, but hopefully you will get some help, support , and comfort here. We have a very supportive  group here you may find it helpful to join and post in, Supporting someone with incurable cancer.  (click link to get to group) Please do not be put off by the title heading. There you will find others with loved ones in similar circumstances. You may like to ask questions, or maybe just to vent your emotions where people understand. Best wishes.

myusername
Posted by

Thank you for your response, I am glad to hear you are still here that is encouraging. My wife's tumors are around 20 millimeters, some bigger and some smaller. Today is Chemo day, my wife is sleeping for a change, this is the first time she has been able to relax enough to sleep while getting chemo.

I am working on learning the site.

Thank You

Myusername

myusername
Posted by

Hello rily

I appreciate your response. I will defiantly check the areas you and Carolyn28 suggested.

Thank You

Myusername