New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Feeling alone

Daisy rose
Posted by

I am struggling with my thoughts and feelings trying to stay strong,my husband is on Chemo tablets for matastic malignant melanoma ,our daughter has also got cancer non hodgekin lymphoma,she has had months on chemo, was told she was in full remission,but scan shows it has returned. I have big family and lots of friends but feel so alone.

KTatHome
Posted by

Hello Daisy rose, welcome to the site, I am sorry to hear that you are having a double whammy of cancer impact on you. It is so normal to feel a bit lonely at this time, as well as many other emotions. One way to not feel so alone is to get support from others in a similar situation, so well done, your here!

I have Metastatic melanoma like your husband, and as you have joined the group unknown primary I’m reading between the lines to think he might have been diagnosed with no primary site but a spread to somewhere else. I too had an unknown primary site, but from the biopsy they knew it had spread to two different sets of lymph node. I had 9 months of a tablet which was a targeted therapy called dabrafenib and after a further spread went on to Pembrolizumab immunotherapy for a year, which I stopped 6 months ago as I was clear, and I’ve remained clear 6 months after my treatment has stopped so I’m currently on 3 monthly scans.

You might want to join the Melanoma group to ask any questions from people on the same treatment.

You are caring I would image for both of your family members so you might want support from either or both the Friends and Family Group or the Carers only group.

It does help people answering your posts if you put a bit of information in your profile when you get a chance, help with doing that is found  in the Help section here just scroll click on the link and scroll further down to the profile bit. You could have a look at my profile too if that helps by clicking on my name.

I’m sure others will join you in either of those support groups in a discussion about how they felt as well and what they did to cope, although in a way I’m hoping your unusual with your double whammy. 

For info on your daughters lymphoma you might want to join this NHL Group. The unknown primary group you might find is quite quiet as often people find out what type of cancer they have after the biopsy and hover in that group. 

Best wishes to you and your family.

Daisy rose
Posted by

Ktathome,

Thank you for your reply,  good news that your on 3 monthly checks,it gives us hope.we had good news my husbands have shrunk on the chemo drugs. So hopefully that carry’s on. 

Thank you

KTatHome
Posted by

Thank you Daisy rose, I hope you family are still keeping well.