New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

I'm new here and completely overwhelmed by it ALL

K-lea79
Posted by

нι 

My husband was diagnosed with chondrosarcoma back in February and has had an op to remove the tumour along with half of his pelvis. He's home now and recovering well but needs 6 rounds of chemotherapy. I'm so anxious about the chemo, scared that it will make him so poorly. Worried that I will eventually lose myself and let the constant stress and struggle get me down where I won't be able to cope anymore. Feel lost and alone. But also selfish for feeling this way ☹️

rily
Posted by

Hi K-lea79. Welcome to the community although I am sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. Hopefully you should get help, advice and support here from people who understand what you are going through. Try not to worry too much about the chemo as most people tend to cope fairly well with it, We have a group here which you may find helpful to join, Bone Cancers . This includes chondrosarcoma which some may have experience of. Hope all goes well. Best wishes.

src60
Posted by

Hi, welcome to the community, though always sorry to see someone new join our club, there is a lot of information on chondrosarcoma on the main site, somewhat different to my wife's leiomyosarcoma but both in the rare category that is perhaps not so helpful. My wife has had two different chemotherapies so far and they have both been easier than we might have feared; what sort of chemotherapy is he having?

For me I was really struggling until I walked in to the Maggies at our local hospital, later did their living with less stress course and realised mostly I was worried about a future I could not control and was being overrun by worries rather than appreciating what I had at the moment. Looking after me to was not high enough up my list of things to do.

Glad you came here, and hope you feel a little less lost and alone, you might like to introduce yourself over on the Bone Cancer Group - Discussion Forum where you can get the inside scoop on the cancer but do come and say hi on Carers Only - Discussion Forum  where everyone can share the feeling we have.

<<hugs>>

Steve

ardmore
Posted by

hello src60/Steve,

Jumping in here as you were kind enough to respond to my "A and E on Sunday 9th July Mass on Lung Xray". But I cannot get back to it on this or any site. Have sent email to webmaster@macmillan.org.uk for assistance. You wrote on 15th July Sat at 8.47. (I know as I printed it out)!

May not be Lung as already had a Catscan which shows a 6 centimetre   "lump" over right lung towards middle chest. Dr. is organising a biopsy, soon within the famous 2 weeks!!  . He said it is not operable!!?? so I suppose chemo/radiotherapy is on the cards. He also said maybe Lymphoma!! 

Expecting the worse and not hoping for the best! I am the most positive pessimist but trying to keep upbeat for my stressed and frightened Husband!  (Looked up Maggies but we do not have any here)

src60
Posted by

Hi , your husband would of course be welcome to ring the helpline here 0808 808 0000 (Mon-Fri 9am-8pm) or you may find support groups near you using the in your area tool.

In terms of finding your own posts towards the top of the screen in the row under latest activity there should be a link to "show me", if you click on "my posts" and possible more you should see the messages you sent.

<<hugs>>

Steve

ardmore
Posted by

Thanks Steve aka src60.... you are more help than Webmaster@macetc!!

Dreamthief
Posted by

Morning  

Don't know if you actually found your A&E discussion in the Lung Group ?

but if not you can find it clicking this link

As mentioned if you ever get stuck you can find everything under activity on your profile page :)

Take care, G n' J