New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Just starting on the road to....

Ady669
Posted by

Hi

Just been diagnosed with the blastic variant Mantle Cell lymphoma, prognosis doesn't look good for any long term remission so fingers crossed.

Started the R-CHOP therapy with R-ARA-C and then stem cell transplant.

Roll on the new year!

Anyone else with the same?

KTatHome
Posted by

Hi Ady669,

Welcome to the Macmillan site, i am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I have a different cancer that was diagnosed 2 years ago, but just popped in here tonight as I saw you hadn't had a reply yet. I see you have already joined the group Mantle Cell Lymphoma, well done for finding it. May I suggest that you copy and paste your post in that group for others to respond to you. You could also also look at the other conversation threads in that group and respond if anything strikes a cord with you.

Best wishes

Ady669
Posted by

Many thanks I will do some searching.  Good luck with your condition

ju46
Posted by

Hi

You will get through this.  I have had the same treatment and my stem cell transplant it will be four years in September

If you need to chat or if I can answer any questions please do not hesitate I can give you my personal email or phone if you just want to chat.

Take care all the best for your treatment

Julie

KTatHome
Posted by

Please remember this is an open site so personal emails and phone numbers for safety shouldn't be put on the thread, it's mentioned in the site guidelines. But you could send a personal message on the site, if you friend each other.

Ady669
Posted by

Thanks ju just had my first chemo but it's good to hear your in a good remission as the consultant said this blastic type doesn't always get a long remission

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi , a warm welcome to the Macmillan Community and all the best for your treatment.

When the time comes it would be good for you to join the Stem Cell Transplant Forum (link at the bottom of the page) as you will be able to connect in with a lot of people who have been through SCT or carers who have supported SCTites. It's a great o,ace to ask your questions and get advice.