New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Who is there to help

Ladykai
Posted by

I have colon cancer that's now everywhere and gone to the bone causing a broken collar bone..I've recently been in hospital and gone on palliative care..I was told the macmillian nurses would see me but noone ever stopped by my room..how do I know who to talk to or which nurse to contact on the paper is was given..I've been left confused and alone and not sure what to do next.

gregm
Posted by

Hi LadyKai,

I'm sorry to hear of your cancer, and that you've not had the support you need. I think the very quickest and best way to sort this out would be to call the Macmillan hotline (0808 808 00 00) - they'll know what the procedure is for sorting this out and getting you and the Macmillan nurses in contact. If that doesn't help, then come right back here and we'll roll up our sleeves to help you get it sorted!

Greg