Advice for Thyroid Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hello all,

my names Jordan and my boyfriend is about to have Thyroid removal surgery for his Thyroid Cancer.

i just wondered if anyone had any key advice for me in regards to after care in regards to food recommendations in the first week or so for his recovery? Any products or creams / oils you would recommend? 

Things that will make him more comfortable? I want to do what I can to prepare so any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Hi Jordan  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your boyfriends diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helps a lot.

The Community has various cancer specific support groups so can I direct you to our Thyroid cancer group as this is the place where you will connect with others walking the treatment journey both as patient or family.

Follow the link I've created above then choose ‘click to join' when the page opens.

You can then introduce yourself and post questions selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on your device) you can also join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

You may also find our Carers only and Family and friends groups a great benefit as you will connect with others supporting family through their cancer journey.

The Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00. Clicking here for more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge