Feeling sad.

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

My dad was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and prostate cancer in May at the same time. Prior to this life was fab. We are a very close family and I love my dad to pieces. I took over his main care as my mum was also dealing with her mum who had a bad fall and broke her hip and is now on end of life care. I attend all dads appointments and offer emotional and practical support. I’ve carried on working as a TA in school and yesterday I had a bit of a breakdown and was sent home. I now have a sick note for 4 weeks. I just feel so sad. I keep crying. I feel unstable. My husband is amazing and I have friends too who are very good to me but I just feel unable to cope. I’ve spoken to the doctor and she has given me the time off and asked me to call if I need more help. I just feel like running away. I want it all to go away. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your dad’s diagnosis and the challenges you are facing.

A cancer diagnosis in the family brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helps a lot.

The Community has various cancer specific support groups and I see you have posted in our Carers only group as this is the place where you will connect with others walking the treatment journey both as patient or family.

The Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information and support. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00. Clicking here for more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best and a virtual ((hug))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge