Started hormone treatment

• 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

So glad for this Community.

Hope this all makes sense, just needed to talk.

I'm a 61 year old who since 1st September is now living with the knowledge that I advanced prostate cancer.

My journey so far -

Problems started in September 2019 ( passing / not passing urine )

PSA result in November  4.2 Tablets from GP

Things got worse over the course of this year.

In June after a lot of pain I was taken into hospital with retention PSA 12

I had a TURP operation in August PSA 17 and the biopsy confirmed my cancer.

It has spread into my lymph nodes deep in the pelvis (after CT and Bones scans) 

I have a Gleason score of 4+5=9 and am told it is T3b N1 MO

Hormones tablets started as soon as I was told and I have now had my first injection. 

I was to have Radiotherapy around December and that has now been changed to Chemotherapy  at the Christie Hospital

in January.

Any advice is welcome, thank you if you have read this.

"Still Staying Strong" 

• Hi  abd welcome to the Online Community, although I am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis but you are in good hands at The Christie

A cancer diagnosis brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helps a lot.

The Community has various cancer specific support groups so can I direct you to our Prostate cancer and Bone, secondary cancer groups as this is the place where you will connect with others walking the treatment journey both as patient or family.

Follow the links I've created above then choose ‘click to join' when the page opens.

You can then introduce yourself and post questions selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on your device) you can also join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

The Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00. Clicking here for more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Mike your words are so kind.