Male Breast Cancer

• 4 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Hi everyone

New boy (58) on the block, had mastectomy a week ago, really impressed with NHS once more. Have now been on both sides of this journey and found online communities really helpful. No matter how dark my days have been, I always know there are those in far worse situations than mine. So now I have got my head straight, remembering how many people online helped me in the past, if you need a friendly voice I’m a good listener. 

wishing everyone all the very best 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis bu great that you have been able to navigate the cancer rollercoaster.

A cancer diagnosis does bring a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but talking with other people who have been on the same type of journey helps a lot and with this in mind, you may want to have a look through our various support groups and see where you can be a supportive voice.

This Community is organised into various support groups. Our first list is for our Cancer specific groups. The second list is for our various our Cancer experience groups.

Follow the links I've created above then choose ‘click to join' when the page opens in the groups you feel you can help out in. 

You can then introduce yourself and post questions selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on your device) you can also join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

The Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00. Clicking here for more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  and welcome to the online community. It's lovely to hear that you would like to support others. You might like to try the Breast Cancer forum. Although they are mostly women, there are men there who would really appreciate your input. One of our champions is a bloke in the breast cancer forum. It's a lovely group and they will welcome you with open arms.

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• Thanks Mike - I will certainly have a look through and see if I can assist anyone and have joined the Breast Cancer group

All the best Mr T

Cancer may affect my body, but I won’t let it affect my spirit

• Hi LoobyLou49 - many thanks for the warm welcome and will see if I can connect with any of the guys in that group

All the best

Mr T

Cancer may affect my body, but I won’t let it affect my spirit