Boyfriends mom is going to hospice

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hello .I  have been  living with my bf mike , we have been together  6 yrs .His mother recently has   been put in hospice .she has a tumor in her brain that caused bleeding.she also has a tumor by her only kidney .got the devastating  news today about her going into hospice. Boyfriend  is very close to his mother,he adores her,I am so worried about him and how he is going to handle  this sad situation..she and I are finally getting close too .I'm heartbroken  ,I really have grown to care for her . .how is the best way I can help him thru this ,??  He is in Michigan  with the family, I am in fla where mike and I live , what can I do to let her know how much she means to me and how is the best way to let  mike know I'm here for him ...

• Hi  and welcome to the Macmillan Online Community, although I am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's mothers diagnosis.

A terminal cancer diagnosis like this brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helps a lot. 

The Macmillan Online Community is mainly a UK based Community but we do have people drop in past from around the world. We have various cancer specific support groups and I see that you have joined our Family and friends group.

You may also find our Carers only and Supporting someone with incurable cancer groups a great benefit as you will connect with others supporting family through their cancer journey.

Follow the links I've created above then choose ‘click to join' when the page opens where you have not joined the group.

You can then introduce yourself and post questions selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on your device) you can also join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'.

The Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm Clicking here for more information. You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge