Kidney cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi I had a full nephrectomy in April 11cm tumour stage 3 high grade 8 . I am due another partial op on my remaining kidney in September. They are not sure if it’s gone to my lungs as small nodules seen . I will have another scan in August before my next op. It’s all happened so quick for me Cry

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to see that you've recently been diagnosed with kidney cancer. Although I had a different type of cancer I can remember what a whirl it all seemed to be on diagnosis.

As the community is divided up into groups, I'm going to recommend that you join the kidney cancer group as this will give you the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others with a similar diagnosis.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"