Cervical cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I’m presently in hospital presenting initially with chest pains radiating around the back. I’ve been badgering the doctors for months to take my bloods as I’ve been having leg pains that are quite severe. I’ve been losing weight loss of appetite - all classic symptoms. I’m still waiting to hear results back on everything but the doctors are very vague. I guess what I’m thinking is that the cancer is already quite advanced and I don’t know how long I’ve got left or anything right now. So scared of what’s to come.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about you being on the diagnosis rollercoaster but I am pleased to say that you have found a safe place to find some support.

At this point in time its all 'if's" and until you get clear information this is all guessing game. I was diagnosed with my type of cancer in 1999 and I am doing great so stay away from the panic button and Dr Google.

If you find that you are diagnosed with cancer the Community is organised into various support groups. Our first list is for our Cancer specific Groups. The second list is for our various our Cancer experience groups.

You will be able to follow the links I've created above, join groups, then if you want - hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go to connect with others.

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

All the very best and some Highlander ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thank you I’m glad to have found this place as I’m having a hard time dealing with everything and because of Covid I’m on my own- no visitors so thanks for your reply it’s much appreciated. 

• I am so glad you found us.

Do remember a friendly voice is only a call away on our Help Line ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge