In self isolation with lung cancer.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I've been in self isolation for 19 days now, since leaving hospital with a chest infection. I was due to start a trial, but that has now obviously been stopped, due to current circumstances. My wife is with me and we are coping well. My GP and palliative care have both been excellent too.

I thought I should reach out and talk to people after receiving an email from McMillan.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis - this must have been a big shock to you.

A terminal cancer diagnosis can bring many questions but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot so can I highlight our very supportive Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only

Posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider group of people who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Follow the link I've created, join the group then introduce yourself to the group and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and you can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. Very much appreciated.