Chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 60 subscribers

hi I’m starting my palliative chemo on the 6th of April. What am I to expect? We are moving houses and don’t have a single furniture. What should I be ready with? Anything in particular that I would need like face towels etc. I need to be ready please your suggestions would be appreciated as I will be confined to my bedroom after chemo starts. 

Thanks in advance and keep safe all

anac-c

• Hi

Moving house at the same time as starting chemotherapy must be quite daunting. I think you probably meant to post this in the bowel cancer group where I can see that you've posted before. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks I wanted to reach out to as many people. Yes moving house as we’ve been staying with my brother-in-law for quite sometime now and it is getting quite crowded and no more space for isolating myself after chemo. We were supposed to move weeks ago but lockdown prevented us from getting any furniture. Talk about bad timing lol. 

Did you want me to move my post to the bowel cancer group and terminally ill group as I am a member of both?

anac-c

• Hi

You are welcome to post wherever you feel that you will get the most help.

The New to the Site area is a bit like the hallway of a house. People come here when they don't know which group to join and Community Champions, like myself, help to guide them into whichever room or rooms (group) we think will benefit them the most. Consequently not many people look to see what has been posted here.

I moved house just at the time I was diagnosed with melanoma, which wasn't great timing either. However, having to pack and organise everything did help me to take my mind off things.

All the best

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Not much to pack really  except for our clothes. No furniture no  nothing until stores start to deliver. Home will be boring after a day in isolation without TV or a speaker for music. This is really going to be interesting. But I’d rather be in our own place than have to live with others and can’t be comfortable. 

Thanks for your input. I have posted the same thing onto the bowel cancer and terminally ill groups.

stay safe.

anac-c

• Hi, anac-c, I'm guessing you might be reliant on mobile internet rather than fibre, too?  Lots of companies are lifting their limit. My advice is to try and track down voluntary groups....most communities have/are developing resources and you could borrow radio/TV etc. Just needs a few days to decontaminate before delivery. There are some wonderful people out there, keen to help. A portable plastic bidet can be ordered which will keep your nethers fresh and clean when you're fatigued. Get unscented stuff as chemo makes your taste and smell change. Get fluffy, comfortable everything to wrap yourself in. Free e books from local library.......ask for puzzles and mat. Jot hello cards to neighbours (not too much detail though). Try and sit in the garden shade for 10 mins a day....best of luck....it's an adventure and the grotness won't last for ever xxxx

Haffy xx

Another day survived