We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Corona Virus and Postponing treatment

Fortiemac
Posted by

Hello, Deloni,

Yes, thanks for that, it is reassuring (I actually saw it live on the telly - noticed the much increased distancing between the lecterns!).

I have one further chemo session (of four) and fifteen further weekdaily RadioT sessions (of 25).  I am due to see the oncologist next Thursday, though I may be contacted before (?).   I am hoping I will be able to carry on with this treatment plan so that statement gives me hope.  Throughout I have been terrified, having to travel to the hospital daily,  only since yesterday have the radiologists/nurses been wearing masks/aprons.

This wretched Plague is the last thing we on Chemo need.  My prognosis wasn't good, anyway (oesophagus, 50% chance of living a year),  but I was getting myself feeling hopeful as it was a very early diagnosis (pure luck).  "Pure luck" what am I saying....  Sorry, but the maniacal gallows sense of humour kicks in with me.  (For me, mood swings seem to be a symptom of a cancer diagnosis!)

Best regards

Fortie
Rainbow62
Posted by

Hi 

Mood swings and humour are part of my day too, I often find myself joking about my diagnosis and some of my friends dont know how to react.. The mood swings omg i can be ok one minute then floods of tears the next.

I'm just taking one day at a time and trying to remain positive, I have accepted the fact that I'm terminal and I feel I was dealing with that really well then along comes the Virus and adds a new dimension to it all.. I'm seeing my oncologist on Monday and hope that aall my chemo sessions will still be going ahead.

daloni
Posted by

Hi

Gosh that all sounds very familiar. Accepting that you’re terminal is a tough gig and does necessitate some dark humour at times. If you want a safe place where you can let this out without fear of upsetting anyone can I suggest you join the group living with incurable cancer? It’s my safe place and I get a lot of support from the folk there who know what this is like. Here’s a link: 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/living_with_incurable_cancer/

Hope to see you over there and sharing that gallows humour