Chemotherapy

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

I wonder if anyone can help me.  I had Stage 3 Cancer and all of the tumour was removed successfully.  They took 28 nodes of which one was positive.  The oncologist advised me to have chemo Capox and another sorry cannot remember it.  on the 5th day I was rushed into hospital with arterial fabulation and my chemo stopped.  Does this mean I cannot have chemo anymore or can I still continue.  I now have to have a blood thinner injection for life and a beta blocker.  I am very stressed and worried.

• Hi  and welcome to the Community bit sorry needed to find us.

I can’t give you an answer to your question but I see that you have posted to our Nurse team so they will get back to you within 2 working days.

My final chemo was over 4 years back and I also developed A Fib, it took a few days for my heart to settle down.

I have had a lots of infections and the past two have triggered the A Fib again, my cardiologist said that I did not require any medication and I am not being monitored in any way.

You do need to get clear answer from your team so you can understand the way forward for you.

This site is organised into various groups so we do have lots of support groups that are Cancer specific  and also ones that are general Cancer experience groups.

Just follow the links I have created and have a look through the groups then once you find a place to connect hit the ‘Join This Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group and ask your questions.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge