Lump on neck

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

I ve recently discovered a lump in my neck and am being referred for tests .... it’s been there nearly 3 weeks, left hand side and is painless doctor says it doesn’t move... obviously brain has gone into overdrive as have been suffering with weight loss, breathlessness, and fatigue. Stupidly went on google and scared myself :( does anyone know what the procedure will be from now anyone had any good news from this kind of thing or should I prepare myself for the worst. I m a 40 year old female non smoker if that into makes a difference. Thankyou in advance 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

I had a look at your profile and it looks like you have had a challenging time over the years and these tests will just be pushing up the stress levels.

As you have been referred to the Breast Clinic it would be good for you to talk with people who are on the same journey as this can help a lot so can I direct you to these links to our very supportive Breast cancer and Breast cancer for the under-50s groups as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link I have created then hit the ‘Join This Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group and ask your questions.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge