New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Waiting for tests

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had another bad day. Did you speak to the Macmillan support staff today?

Last week you were convinced you had oesophageal cancer, now you're convinced you have stomach cancer and all this is brought on by googling your symptoms. PLEASE stay away from google as you're not doing yourself any good.

I don't know if you've tried anything that any of us have suggested to help you get through the next couple of weeks before you have your test. If you have and it's not helped, then I do think that you need to think about speaking to a professional about your anxiety so would urge you to make an appointment to talk to your GP.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Tony61
Posted by

Thank you both for your support and understanding. It's so much appreciated. I know I need to keep away from Dr Google - I'm so annoyed with myself for doing it this morning. I'm going to talk to the Macmillan support staff tomorrow and will think again about talking to my GP. 

Thanks again.

JaneAustenfan
Posted by

You take care! Please talk to your GP again. It is part of their job to support you 

A
latchbrook
Posted by

I'm glad to hear that you're going to get some help .

Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Tony61
Posted by

I called the doctor's and I'm talking to the GP on Friday.

JaneAustenfan
Posted by

That's great! You need the support and it's important that your GP is aware of your concerns. Did you speak to the helpline today too?

Wishing you all the best! Don't know why this typeface is so small!!!

A
JaneAustenfan
Posted by

Oops! I've realised the typeface is normal size once you post it!!!

A
Tony61
Posted by

I had to go in to work so I couldn't speak to the helpline. Tomorrow hopefully. I've had a really up and down day, fluctuating between feeling ok and feeling awful.

Thanks again for your support.

JaneAustenfan
Posted by

Many people describe feeling like they are on a rollercoaster of emotions & also worrying about every ache & pain so it may help you emotionally to expect to feel up and down and that it is normal to feel this way

A
Road Trip 1
Posted by

Bless you Tony.

It is honestly ok and normal to be, and feel scared. 

I am fortunate to have had all my scans and biopsies, and now at the stage of waiting on a date for neck dissection etc.    Honestly?  The worst part was and is the waiting.   Once you have been to the hospital, whichever way it is going to be, you will have a plan.  We all know what you  going thru and it can be terrifying.   Thinking of you.  

I have a date now for my neck dissection and laser surgery to remove some tongue and tumour...THING  Will be evicted on
12th February.... Am I scared and nervous???
The HELL I am!!! Am I positive,?? The HELL I am...
Get it done,  get this ROAD  TRIP !!  To the next stage... 
Tony61
Posted by

After another bad night's sleep I'm having another up and down (mainly down) day. I've got various aches and pains and I don't know whether they're something I should be concerned about or just the result of worry and tiredness. But I'm being good and resisting the temptation to consult Google. Trying to focus on taking it one day at a time but failing badly.

JaneAustenfan
Posted by

Hi Tony61 sorry to hear you have had a bad night's sleep & another bad day. Did you phone MacMillan's helpline? I find that if I haven't slept well or I'm alone all day I feel worse. Remember it is only a couple of days now until you can see your gp and get some more information. I found small things helped me cope with the waiting; cups of tea, a walk in the fresh air, staying in my normal routine...

Take care

A
Tony61
Posted by

I'm still very up and down. I had a good night's sleep which was great, woke up feeling ok but now I'm down again. More aches and pains and very nervous about talking to my GP tomorrow.

JaneAustenfan
Posted by

Bless you! Try jotting down what you want to ask & make sure your gp knows how worried you are as your mental health matters just as much as your physical health. Hope the appointment goes well for you 

A
JaneAustenfan
Posted by

Hello Tony61

Been thinking about you. How did your GP appointment go? Remember with each day that passes you are closer to your hospital appointment & finding out your diagnosis. I hope that your weekend goes well. Are you thinking of sharing your news with your family soon?

Take care of yourself

A