Breast cancer concerns

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice with regards to signs/symptoms of breast cancer as I have some concerns? 

I have been getting some pain in my left breast and underarm, feeling very tired and nauseas.

Its the pain that's been getting to me the most though. Sometimes it's a dull pain, but occasionally it's a short, sharp pain. 

I tried to see a nurse practitioner about it today, but she just pressed round my back and said it'll just be a pulled muscle. I don't feel this is what it is though as the pain doesn't go away with pain killers. It also feels tender and is noticeably bigger than the right one. I am going to make another appointment with my gp tomorrow as I felt like I wasn't taken seriously today with the nurse practitioner. 

When I've tried to self examine I haven't felt any noticeable or obvious lumps. Is there always supposed to be a lump there? 

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

The problems you have been having can bring a lot of stress, confusion and many questions but talking with people who have been on the same journey can help a lot.

Can I direct you to this link to our very supportive Breast cancer group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link I have created then hit the ‘Join This Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group and ask your questions.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge