Severe back pain - Cervical Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi all, this is my 1st time checking out & using forums... I start radiation therapy on Monday. I need any advice for the back pain, I can't stand it anymore. It affects everything & I'm so very tired. I try to forget or just be ok with everything for a moment but the constant pain just keeps bringing me back. I use a mix of Co-codamol & paracetamol or Ibuprofen & paracetamol depending on how bad it is but they barely help to be honest. I've tried deep heat, tiger balm etc & they feel great for all of 2 minutes & I run out in the space of 2 days (besides my skin won't cope once I'm receiving treatment).

Any suggestions? Hope your all doing as okay as can be given the circumstances x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear how much pain you're currently in. As none of us are medically qualified we can't advise on what painkillers you should take but please tell your hospital team when you go tomorrow so that they can sort something out for you.

In the meantime could I point you in the direction of the cervical cancer group where you can ask questions and get support from others who will understand what you're going through.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and ask questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I do hope that you can get on top of this pain soon.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you, I will do x

• Hi LeaT I totally get where your at, at the min I’ve not started treatment as of yet but really and back ache I’ve had four children and suffered with it for a long time but it’s got worse last few months I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer so in the process but was told yesterday I will definitely e having radiotherapy. I’ve been taking naproxen from my gp and this seems to help me at the minute you can only take two a day but can have paracetamol in between hope this helps. X

Tracy 81