2nd time around, different cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi,  I was just wondering if there is anyone else on here who has been diagnosed with cancer for a second time.  Ten years ago I had Stage 3 breast cancer at 41 years of age.  I had surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.  I’ve been on tamoxifen for ten years and found out in September I now have endometrial cancer.  I had a radical hysterectomy in November and told I have an aggressive serous endometrial cancer.  I’m seeing the consultant on 16th December and starting chemo again in January - given tamoxifen means you have an increased risk of endometrial cancer I wonder if anyone else has been down this path?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. You’ve been through a lot and now there’s more to come. Having been through chemo three times now I can begin to imagine how you might be feeling as you face going through the mill again. All I can say is enjoy Christmas and put it out of your mind as much as you’re able. Did they get everything with the hysterectomy? I do hope so. Chemo is much more effective at preventing the cancer coming back if there is no residual tumour after the surgery. But you probably know that already. 

I was diagnosed with uterine serous carcinoma nearly six years ago and being part of this community really helped me. I was able to share experiences with people going through it with me, albeit virtually. I made some great friends. 

Most of my support came through the womb cancer group. Click on the link and follow the instructions to join. You can then start a discussion. You could simply copy and paste what you’ve written here. There are a few women there who’ve been diagnosed with womb cancer after being on tamoxifen I believe. 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/womb-cancer/

I wish you all the best