bereavement

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

my husband died two months ago after his cancer had spread to his spine approx a year ago and he was paralysed from chest down.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your husband. This must have been a hard time for all the family.

It's good to talk with people who are on the same journey so can I direct you to this link to our very supportive Bereaved Spouses group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link I have created then hit the ‘Join This Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group and ask your questions.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support and Practical Matters - just someone to talk with - mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge