Recently diagnosed with breast cancer

• 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Diagnosed 3 weeks ago with T3-Her 2 receptive.? -dont even know what this means! It's been a blur of action- had scans which are clear. Chemo starting next week, surgery to follow...so much info and advice from both professionals and well meaning friends, but so much is conflicting!- such as taking of herbals line CBD, milk thistle, rhodiola?! Help, sane conversation needed! 

• Hi 

Warm welcome to the club no one wants to join :-/

True, it is all a blur at first, bombarded with info overload, terms you have never heard before and the thought of a trip into the unknown territory that is chemo...  Most find the waiting results period emotionally tough, although this isn't the news you wanted to hear now you have a treatment plan to concentrate on and fill your calendar you should feel a bit more 'lets do this' and kick this where it hurts.

Please do not take any herbals.... Most will conflict with chemo in some way and could either amplify any side effects or worse still lessen it's effectiveness. There are some things you can have with chemo so it would be better if you joined the very active (and friendly) Breast Group here. There is a regular monthly chemo chat discussion within the group so do keep a look out for the November Chemo Chat thread and get involved when you feel ready to dip your toes. The very first message on page one in the Nov Chemo Chat has this 'Chemo Tips' Link you may want to to check out in advance. Please don't be put off by all the many side effects listed, most only have a few and everyone is different.

My wife was diagnosed with HER2+ receptive BC way back in 2012 so be reassured by that and this is do'able.

Hope this is of some help for now, hugs, G n' J

• Thanks G n J! Your reply helped! I've had 1st chemo now and not coping too bad with side effects, here's hoping that continues throughout as I have a long haul ahead! 

As you say it's a journey into unknown territory do forums and other people's tips and positive messages help enormously! 

Here's to all of us, kicking the ass out of it! MuscleHeart

Alexandra

• Hi 

Happy you found it helpful Thumbsup

I started the December Chemo Club discussion so do get involved with that - The chemo club is always fairly busy discussion and you will find there are plenty of ladies just staring their chemo sessions to have a chat (or rant) about.

Was your first session EC or some other cocktail ?

Right facing fistLeft facing fist  G n' J

• Great I'll join the December discussion- thanks! I think it's EC, I know it's a combination with Docetaxel..? 

Alexandra