Neo-AEGIS Trial

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

I have been offered a place on the Neo-AEGIS Cancer trial. It is a randomised trial of either chemotherapy or chemotherapy + radiotherapy prior to adenocarcinoma surgery. Has anyone had experience of this trial? Any idea what the success rates are like compared to traditional chemo?

• Hi  welcome to the community, the club none of us really wants to be a member of.

I suggest u repost  this in the Chemotherapy group, so it'll reach those on chemo n you'll get more responses

Could u also add a bit to your profile,know so ppl know where you're coming from coming from? Thanks.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Hi  and a second welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear that you are having to make treatment choices.

A cancer diagnosis can indeed bring along a lot questions and decisions but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot.

I had a look through the site and found on reference to the Neo-AEGIS trial in our very supportive Gullet (oesophagus) cancerrain tumour group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link above, hitting ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike @the highlander

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.