Vulvar Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

During the last few weeks of my pregnancy I had horrid vaginal itching. My son is now 16 months and I’m still suffering. I had a skin biopsy done in August and I won’t get the results until the end of October. The gynaecologist never mentioned vulvar cancer but I’ve googled and I’m so worried I just wondered if people could share experiences? I can’t seem to find much information. I don’t have a lump just persistent itching specifically at one side and at the top. The skin is very raised, and sore and seems to have lost all elasticity. I did ask about cancer but seemed to get laughed off. I also have health anxiety so I’m just a bit of a mess with worrying at the moment and terrified of what they may have found - I can’t believe it takes 2 months for results although I try to tell myself if it was sooner then they’d have booked my appointment earlier. 

• Hi

Warm welcome to the club no one wants to join Disappointed

Have you looked into checking if this could possibly be VIN (info link) rather than vulva cancer ?

There is a Vulva Group here you could join, that can put you into contact with other members diagnosed with vin and vulva issues who have been through the biopsy and emotional waiting results period.

Hope this is of some help for now, and good luck with those results, G n' J