Injections for white blood cell count

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi Im new to the group but not new to breast cancer, I had chemo 7 years ago but wasnt given the injections to help my white blood cell count, Ive had first lot of docetaxol and im due to go on Thursday for next lot, my oncologist gave me the injections to do at home for 5 days but I found the side effects quite bad ie I ached so much even my fingernails hurt.  I asked when i saw him again on Friday if it would be ok not to have them again... has anyone else had any problems with these injections ?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us

Thanks very much for competing your profile as it really helps others when replying to you. Based on the information you've put in it can I suggest several groups for you to join and post your question in. They are the main breast cancer group, the triple negative breast cancer group and the BRCA positive group.

To join any or all of these groups, just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

The breast cancer group has a monthly chemo thread, which you might find helpful, called 'September Chemotherapy Chat'.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"