Terminal cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, 

First timer here. Looking for a support/chat page. I battled bowel cancer 2014 only for it to return in my liver at first we thought if it could be shrunk and an operation might be on the agenda but further scans showed it had spread into my spine so I became palliative from then. I go for chemo every fortnight and have been on this first line chemo combo for coming up-to two and half years nearly. Just wondering if there are any groups to go to or chat rooms as sometimes it gets me down. I have such a supportive family but sometimes I feel like I just moan and although they are sympathetic they can’t really understand me if that makes sense. Thanks for any suggestions as feeling bit isolated sometimes. Regards 

• Hi  and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear the reason you find yourself here. We have a very supportive group here which you may find helpful to join, Living with incurable cancer . There you will find others in similar circumstances to yourself and who understand. Click the link to get to the group and introduce yourself by starting a new discussion. You may also like to join in on some of the current threads. Do not be put off by the group heading, it is a very friendly, upbeat and supportive group. Wishing you well. 

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

A very warm welcome from me also and if I may I'd like to add a wee bit more to the suggestions made by my friend , if you want to have a moan, a rant, let off steam or just chat certainly the place to head to is the Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only you really will meet a lot of people that you can chat to and they really don't mind anyone having a moan, it's something we all do, so you'll be made very welcome by the friendly members.

We also have a general Cancer chat forum group that discusses nearly everything.

No matter which group you join you will be made very welcome and surrounded by friends who will share their experiences with you and give you all help, support and advice you need whilst listening to you and never judging. Our doors are always open just come on in and make yourself at home.

Ian

By clicking on any of the green text above will open up new pages for you.