Where to go

• 4 replies
  • 59 subscribers

hi I got my breast cancer diagnosis 6 days ago, I see the oncology doctor on Tuesday. I feel lost and anxious, please tell me it will get better, I feel like I have fallen off my world.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

yes it will get better. Honestly. It will get better. A lot of people feel exactly as you do just now. The wait between diagnosis and the start of treatment is just the pits. You’re absorbing the shocking news of the diagnosis, your world had fallen apart and nothing has happened to put it back together. Most people feel better once treatment has started. 

A really good way to feel less alone and to under that what you’re feeling is normal (because whatever you’re feeling is normal) is to link up with people going through something similar. We have a brilliant breast cancer group here. Click on the link, join the group and start a discussion. You’ll be among friends. 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer/

Xx

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

It's perfectly normal to fell like your world has been turned upside down when you're given a cancer diagnosis. I didn't have the same type as you but I remember only too well how completely numb I felt. Most people find that once they have a treatment plan in place then they feel a lot better.

Could I suggest that you join the very friendly breast cancer group so that you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who will understand what you're going through.

To join this group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel ready it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for taking the time to help me. I have always been so confident and strong, but right now I feel so vulnerable - I actually freaked out in the supermarket today. I know I’m not alone and that I am going to have to get a grip but I can’t see how at the moment. I think you’re right after Monday when I know the treatment plan maybe it will get easier x

It’s going to be a long journey, but I won’t let this beat me, I’m still me xxx
  • Thank you x

It’s going to be a long journey, but I won’t let this beat me, I’m still me xxx