New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Just found a lump

Fallenangel1
Posted by

I know that feelin Arlene48 just a word of advise make sure they start the ball rolling for scan checks. There seem to be a bit of a wait on the clinic times. I wish you well x

Arlene48
Posted by

I saw the nurse this morning and she’s referring me to the breast clinic. She thinks it’s about 6 to 8 weeks for an appointment. I’m going to try my best not to worry about it too much in the meantime. Thank you for your supportive messages today. You don’t know how much they helped me. 

Fallenangel1
Posted by

Hi Arlene48  Thats a long time to wait fast track is normally 2 weeks. I was told 5 to 6  weeks i couldnt wait as i have already had a lump removed when i was 9 years old. It brought it all back. I actually paid privately not that i could afford the op private but it did get the ball rolling. It was £500 for the one stop package. Im not saying private is best because i do think nhs is a wonderful thing.  But for me the waiting game mentally drains me. Still not sleeping properly everything brings me to tears. I have found great strength from the women on here. It helps to talk to people in the same boat. Good luck 

Arlene48
Posted by

I did question the waiting time but the nurse told me once they send the referral it’s out of their hands. What I might do is phone the breast clinic next week to check if they have my referral and see if I can get a cancellation. 

Fallenangel1
Posted by

Sounds a good idea. You sometimes have to help yourself.  I think im looking at a long night. X

Arlene48
Posted by

I hope you manage to get some sleep 

KTatHome
Posted by

Hi , I hope your night wasn’t as long as you were expecting. Thanks for completing your profile, and I see you have joined the breast cancer group to.  I hope you feel you can begin a post to introduce yourself over there and get the support from others affected by breast cancer, they even have an awake thread for people having difficulty sleeping. 

Take care

KT 

What is a Community Champion?

You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.

Fallenangel1
Posted by

KTatHome i did manage 4 hours so thats not to bad. Thanks for your concern. I think the nights are the worst lets your mind work overtime.