New 2 group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

Thought I say hi ya  I was pointed in this direction I need advice on working n caring 4 mum 

Daz

• Hi Dazz  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see you having to find us.

A cancer diagnosis can bring a lot of stress on a family and especially having to care for someone during this time but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot and will reduce the whirlwind wind that is rushing in your head.

I see you have posted on the Carers Forum and you have joined Friends and Family Forum - well done as this is a great place to start.

We do have lots of support groups that are Cancer specific  and also ones that are general Cancer experience  groups.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support Groups in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing and it would be a great help for your mum and all the family.

When you feel up to it think about putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

To do this click on YOUR username, look to the left and select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best to your mum.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge