Losing a loved one

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 58 subscribers

I lost my husband through cancer at the beginning of may which is hard for me to cope with then today i had to put my dog to sleep as well it now feels as if my whole world has fallen apart 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

Can I offer my condolences for both of your recent losses. I can understand that it must feel that everything's falling apart.

Could I suggest that you join the bereaved spouses group where you can get support from others who will know exactly what you're going through.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Im new here too. I just lost my Dad a few weeks ago and my man has incurable cancer. Can i just say i am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know what that is like too. I lost my 16 year old dog 3 years ago. I had lived alone with him for years. I felt like a part of me went with him. Big hug to you.  Can you do something nice in memory of your lovely dog? It sonetimes helps. 

I thought i could never get another dog. I felt too raw to bond with one. But after a week or so i couldnt stand being without a canine friend. I didnt feel ready to adopt but i put my name down to foster a dog from the RSPCA. Thinking I could just help a dog who was depressed in kennels until they got a new home. She is still here of course! We were both depressed when she arrived, we helped each other to get through it.  So i failed  miserably at fostering but she has a loving home. It might be for you or might not but it is something to consider. 

• Hi and welcome to the community 

Firstly, can I offer my condolences for your recent loss and I'm sorry to hear how much has been going on in your life recently but I'm glad to hear how much of a comfort getting a new dog in your life has been. People who don't have animals in their lives just don't know what they're missing!

You wrote a really lovely response to Pluto85 and now it's my turn to give you a big (((hug))) in return. It sounds like you've had a lot to deal with recently but it' good that you've reached out to the online community for support. 

There are a number of groups that you might like to consider joining. The first is the bereaved family group where you can share your feelings over the recent loss of your dad and give and receive support.

The next groups are the supporting someone with incurable cancer and the carers groups. Both of these are safe places to share your worries.

To join any or all of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your partner's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you, that's really helpful, I am always a bit lost on forums! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello I also have just lost my lovely lady very suddenly only 3 weeks ago .She was diagnosed with colon cancer in March after getting through breast cancer last year.It turned out her cancer spread to her liver and there was nothing that could be done.Just so sad,i still can’t quite believe it ,devastated Cry

Always up for talking to anyone else going through similar things x

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read of the recent loss of your partner. It must be a very hard time for you right now.

Could I suggest that you join the bereaved spouses group where you can give and receive support from others who will understand what you're going through.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge