Bowel Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi.

So scared at the moment. after a year 18 months of symptom's, pain in lower left belly, flat stools, losing weight I have finally secured a non urgent referral for a colonoscopy. No date for the appointment yet but feel so alone with all of this. 

Just need help..

Regards

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

It's natural to be scared when you have symptoms but your GP hasn't diagnosed the cause yet. The fact that he or she has referred you for a non-urgent colonoscopy sounds like he/she doesn't think it is likely to be cancer. 

From the heading of your post you're obviously worried that you may have bowel cancer so can I suggest that you join that group so that you can ask questions of others who have this.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"