SMOOTHIES

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi All.

I am a new member having just been diagnosed with lung cancer The tumour in my right lung had spread into my windpipe blocking the airway. Emergency op at Papworth burnt away the blockage and I can now breathe but anxiously awaiting biopsy results and prognosis.

Have heard that antioxidant smoothies with berries and green veg have some benefit in increasing alkaline levels and reducing the risk of further spreading. Is this true and if so, are there some recipes?

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

Waiting for the results of tests and biopsies is always an anxious time, no matter what type of cancer you have, so can I point you in the direction of the lung cancer group. There you can ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who will understand what you're going through.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

I don't know if there's any evidence to support what you've heard about antioxidant smoothies but this might be a good question to ask Alice in our ask a dietitian area.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"