Mum and I diagnosed within 2 months, different cancers

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

I struggled 2 months ago to tell my family that I had breast cancer, my children are strong and took it in their stride and have been amazing, I have now had to tell them that their gran has cancer, I am struggling to keep them strong, to keep mum strong and to cope with my own emotions, it is hard to know who to care for first. I hope no one else is going through this, but if you are any guidance would be very very welcome

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

Wow. You do seem to have a lot on your plate at the moment. I see that you have already joined the breast cancer group and you'll find the people over there very informative and supportive.

I think you might also benefit from joining the family and friends group as it's a safe place to discuss your worries and emotions around both your mum's cancer diagnosis and supporting your children.

To join this group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then post a question or introduce yourself after selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

You don't say how old your children are but you might find this information helpful on talking to teenagers and children about cancer.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"