Trying to be positive

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Had bloods tested last Monday after seeing doc about 10lb weight loss over 1 month and called into health centre on Thurs for results. Most bloods ok but pancreas showing very high 'pointers' (whatever they are)

Now impatiently waiting to hear from hospital re cat scan and seeing consultant.

Feeling abandoned and no interest in doing anything except worry which is not like me at all, meanwhile, the weekend stretches ahead and everyone seems to be doing stuff and having a good time...except me. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see the circumstance that brought you here and so sorry to hear the issues you are having

The rollercoaster of being tested for something can rase so many questions and can bring a lot of stress on a family. Waiting on test results is hard but it is the only way that the truth can be found.

Although you have no diagnosis you may like to follow this link to our Pancreatic cancer forum where you will connect with people who understand the journey you are on - positive or negative.

Follow the link and join the group. To do this hit the ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name. At this point go to the right on the group home page and select how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts. If in the future you don’t want to receive notifications just switch off the email notifications tab.

The best way to get support is to go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name. Set up your own Discussion and Introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

Have a look through our various Macmillan Support Line Services then call them on 0808 808 00 00 to be very helpful covering Emotional Support and Practical Information. Clinical Information and Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’ section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Check to see if you have a Maggie’s Centre near you as these folks are amazing.

I do hope that this a lot of fuss about nothin - all the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi Thehighlander...Slight smile

Thank you very much for a warm welcome. 

I have made a little profile to introduce myself and looked on the pancreatic thread but I don't want to read too much just yet in case it makes me anxious about the future. 

Before joining I rang the Macmillan helpline and the the lady who spoke was so patient...I must have rambled on a bit as I was quite upset. 

By then end of the call I was calm and able to rationalise my feelings. It's like having a family who understand. 

I was so grateful to her for listening and the wise advice she gave.

Through her I found this site and I feel I will have support from people who understand.

Thanks again for the welcome and I shall post the date and results of my scan etc here when that happens. 

Enjoy your weekend and I feel I can enjoy mine knowing Macmillan is there for me. 

Thank you. 

AB

• Good to hear that the help line were supportive. The Online Community is a great place to connect with people who understand and can talk from a place of experience.

Please come back on this thread once you have more information as we can help you out further.

((hugs)) 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

I will, and thanks for the comforting hugs.