New To Forum

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi everyone.  I am 1 1/2 years from getting Bile Duct Cancer and having a Whipple Surgery.   It was rough ride to say the least.  I just had a Cat Scan last week.  The report was not good at all.  Talking about it becoming Metastases.  They gave me Chemo for 10 months after the surgery and it did nothing to stop places from lighting up on a scan.  Thats my Cancer background and I am looking forward to hearing from you all to help me and maybe I can help others. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am always poor to see folks find the Community.

You have been on a long journey and are still experiencing the ups and downs the this brings, you may want to follow this link to our Bile duct cancer forum where you will connect with people who are on or have been on the same  journey as yourself.

Follow the link and join the group. To do this hit the ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name. At this point go to the right on the group home page and select how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts. If in the future you don’t want to receive notifications just switch off the email notifications tab.

The best way to get and give support is to go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name. Set up your own Discussion and Introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

Have a look through our various Macmillan Support Line Services then call them on 0808 808 00 00 to be very helpful covering Emotional Support and Practical Information. Clinical Information and Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’ section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thank you very much.  I all ready did join the Bile duct Group.

• Yes, I missed that you had indeed joined the Bile Duct group.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge