double masectomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma in the right breast, Im having an mri tomorrow, to check if in the left and the lymphnodes, The doctor said I will be definately be losing the right breast, when I asked if he could take them both off, he said no, only if there is cancer in there then he would.  Is this definately right!!  surely for safety reasons, wouldnt it be better to take both off

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community although I'm very sorry that you've had to find us.

As my cancer journey is different from yours, could I suggest that you join the breast cancer group and post your question there. You'll find lots of other people who have had the same diagnosis as you and who can share their experiences with you.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You could then copy and paste your question from here into a new post after selecting 'start a discussion'. If you want to respond to any of the existing posts just click on 'reply'.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"