Has anyone done a stem cell trail for liver cancer?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 60 subscribers

My mom had lung cancer and surgery a year ago and now has a spot in her liver. They are suggesting stem cell trail, any thoughts ? I’m new, scared and sad

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

It's perfectly normal to feel scared and sad when you discover that someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer.

I don't have any knowledge of stem cell trail so could I suggest that you join the lung cancer and secondary liver cancer groups and post your question there. 

Another group that you might want to consider joining is the family and friends group as it's a good place to share your feelings and get support.

To join these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open. You can then post your question by selecting 'start a discussion'. If you want to respond to an existing post click on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your mum's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi , I just noticed your post and a great reply by my friend .

I have actually had two Stem Cell Transplants for my rare Lymphoma and over the 5 years I have not came across SCT used in this way but it is now being researched and applied for lots of new conditions as the years go in.

You could send a post to Jane, our Nurse who works in Stem Cell Transplant so she may have any information that could help you - it may take a few days to get an answer.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge